Paris is often on the bucket list of travelers for its great sightseeing spots, incredible shopping experience, Paris Las Vegas casinos and leisure dining with the finest desserts. It is a place of majestic architecture and great museums like Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, and Louvre. After a tiring day of sightseeing, you can always relax in the most luxurious vacation homes and resorts in this city. When in Paris, you should follow some of these smart strategies for sightseeing. It will help in making your trip more organized and economical.
- We all know that Louvre is the world’s greatest art museum, which is divided into different sections like the Egyptian antiquities, decorative arts, Islamic art, and Greek/Etruscan/Roman antiquities. Then there are some must-see attractions like the famous “Mona Lisa” and “Venus de Milo.” The place is always crowded and thus to avoid the long queues to enter through Pyramid try the Louvre’s Metro stop or Carrousel de Louvre mall entry route.
- If you have limited time at Musee d’Orsay, browse only its upper level. Most of the museum’s best exhibits are placed there along with the enormous railway clocks.
- For those who love the modern and contemporary art, Centre Pompidou is often on the itinerary. To avoid the crowd here, it makes more sense to visit it on a weekday. There are some temporary exhibitions that keep happening here on weekends, which draw a lot of local crowds.
- If you want to really enjoy the local flavor, it’s good to take an informative walking tour by the name of Paris Walks. It is normally a two-hour trip, which takes you from Latin Quarter to Hemingway. For the foodies, there are some foodie tours too that allows tasting the local delicacies along with some chocolate tastings. These tours make the trip to Paris more personal and close to heart.
- A very good strategy for a day will be to keep the morning reserved for any one renowned attraction. In the afternoon, you can explore parks, winding alleys, and offbeat marketplaces, which you can cover on foot and are close by.
- No trip is ever complete without some shopping. Paris is anyways the fashion capital of the world and you would definitely love to buy few things from here. According to the law of the country, sales takes place twice a year here. If you happen to be in the city around that time, make the most of these sales. Another thing to keep in mind is that VAT is already added to most items here. There is, however, a practice that is followed by many stores, which is of refunding the VAT for a non-EU citizen if he or she makes a minimum purchase of 175 euros at that particular store.
Enjoy your Paris trip with these amazing sightseeing strategies.